Friday, June 26, 2009

good enough for you but not for me....

Dr. Orrin Devinsky, a neurologist and researcher at the New York University Langone Medical Center, said that elites often propose health care solutions that limit options for the general public, secure in the knowledge that if they or their loves ones get sick, they will be able to afford the best care available, even if it's not provided by insurance.

Devinsky asked the president pointedly if he would be willing to promise that he wouldn't seek such extraordinary help for his wife or daughters if they became sick and the public plan he's proposing limited the tests or treatment they can get.

The president refused to make such a pledge, though he allowed that if "it's my family member, if it's my wife, if it's my children, if it's my grandmother, I always want them to get the very best care.

OK, can't argue that someone would want the best possible care for their families...but that's coming from someone that already gets (for life) some of the best medical benefits available. Take some time and google what benefits our elected bozos get, look at how short of a career in DC then need to have to get benefits for life. Call or write your Senator and Representative and ask them if they'll give up the coverage they currently get and take the one they're trying to hand out to the rest of us. Go ahead and ask them and if they say no, ask them why you should accept it.

I'm not saying that the current health care is great but I really don't think the proposals I've been reading are going to do anything but hurt the general public. But what do the numnuts in DC care...they're covered.

No comments: