Sunday, November 09, 2008

53+47

equals 100. Actually in this case 53 plus 47 equals one nation and though there are a lot of strong feelings in both of those numbers we need to all remember that if we remain divided we will fail. Although my doubts about President-Elect Obama are still there I wish him and our country the best of luck. He will be taking office in troubled times both economically and in the middle of a war, how he handles both will impact life not only in our country but throughout the world. I hope the candidate I saw on the trail isn't the one that takes office, being President isn't a popularity contest, hard decisions will need to be made and following approval ratings isn't what this nation needs. I hope he has better character than his past has shown and that he works with both parties to find the best solution. I hope that he has respect for the position people bestowed upon him and that he learns not to belittle easy targets. I hope his need to display leadership with quick action is tempered with sound judgment.

Most of all....I hope in four years I can look back at the job he has done leading our country and say to myself, I was wrong, he's done good.

No comments: