Saturday, August 19, 2006

flash backs continue...

well it's later and I'm still going through videos when I came across this:



Memories are funny things and watching this video I was instantly transported back to my high school years and more specifically to a time when I partook in a controlled substance - pot. Yep, I was a pothead. Anyways, my friends and I used to frequent an arcade near our school and they had a video-jukebox that was constantly playing the latest videos while we pumped quarters into the games. There were several games I got pretty good at but Excitebike is the one that is a part of this memory just because of where it was placed in relation to the video-jukebox. I don't know how many times I've seen that video over the years, but everytime I do, I always seem to remember playing that game at that arcade.

Why did I bring up the pot? I don't know, maybe because a few of the times I played that game, hearing and seeing that video while stoned kind of cemented it into my conscious. Who knows... Doesn't matter either but well, I just thought I'd share a memory.

No where near as profound as Tiff's recent post but my first kiss wasn't any where near as special as hers.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Heh. I wouldn't have pictured you for a pothead!

And I can't watch the videos at work but I now have the "Hey Mickey" song stuck in my head because I remember it has cheerleaders in the video... Thanks A LOT!

And a girl has to have at least one first that's memorable!!