Tuesday, February 17, 2009

isn't the campaign over?

So for those of you that have signed all those papers when buying a home do you remember how you felt when you actually saw just how much you were going into debt? Well, we all now own a piece of that 787 BILLION dollar debt our new leadership signed before reading. Boy...I sure do feel good about it!

Do you remember the fiasco that was played all over the media when the automakers flew to DC in their private jets...did you hear that both AF1 and AF2 were flown to Denver for the historic signing of debt? Lets see...automakers flying in small business jets...AF1 is a 747 and AF2 is a 757...not exactly small business jets. Oh and does anyone care about what other aircraft are also flown when ever the President or Vice President travel? A lot more than you'd think. A lot more....and they're not small business jets...ok so one of them is but the other several aren't. Do you think they fly the several helicopters that travel in his bubble there? Nope, they're loaded in a plane and flown there. How about his limo? Is that driven...nope, that's loaded in a plane too. How about the vehicles that the Secret Service use? Yep, loaded in planes.

Now I'm not complaining about all of the stuff required to protect the President, it's needed and that's the price we pay, it's a lot but it's worth it. Same for the VP, he needs it. My gripe is that this trip and his follow on visit to Phoenix seems to be something more like a campaign style trip than one that has substance to it. Flash over substance though is what I see Obama being all about so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. He likes his spiffy plane (his words, not mine) and he's enjoying the perks that goes with the office he holds. Honestly, I can't fault him for that, Lord knows if I was in that position I'd be getting a kick out of the perks too...I just think when we're telling everyone to tighten their belts, spend wisely and don't fly to DC when asking for money that maybe, just maybe this bill could have been signed in the capital of waste, Washington DC. Do as I say, not as I do...I am seeing more politicians follow that saying then not and I wish the citizens of this nation would use their voice at the ballot box to get the point across that we're tired of that.

1 comment:

BigBef said...

you tell em, brotha:)