Thursday, January 29, 2009

how warm?

so one of the other stories making it's rounds today is how the dress code has been relaxed in the White House...so what? Yes there is a time for a jacket and tie but if you're just having meetings, why bother with the jacket unless you are trying to help out all the dry cleaners with more business. I hated having to dress up anytime I had to brief down there, especially since there were only certain days I could wear my uniform instead. Suits are expensive!

Nope, the part I'm laughing about is this quote “He’s from Hawaii, O.K.?” said Mr. Obama’s senior adviser, David Axelrod, who occupies the small but strategically located office next door to his boss. “He likes it warm. You could grow orchids in there.”

How long has it been since he's lived in Hawaii? How long has he lived in a city that is proud of it's chilly winters? How warm does it have to be to grow orchids in the winter? Isn't he one of the believers in Global Warming? Or is this another example of do as I say, not as I do.

All I know is that when ever I get hit with a larger than normal utility bill the first thing to be changed is the thermostat...colder in the winter (that's what sweaters are for) and less A/C in the summer. Of course I'm just a low earning tax payer...

No comments: