Friday, January 30, 2009

no hate like liberal hate...

-You did not, at any time, vote for George W. Bush and are not Republican.

So, as I cruise through blogs and dating sites I've decided to throw statements like the one above in here. I'm doing it because I like pointing out the hypocrisy coming from the left and maybe someday I'll be able to hit 100 posts on this blog. Now before my libtard friends get their feathers in a ruffle I'm not saying that being hypocritical is unique to the left so no need to go pointing out all the idiots on the right, there are plenty.

Now, as for that quote, well I'm sure it won't surprise anyone that this woman says she resides in San Francisco, she is 51 and speaks French. One of the things she says she's good at is (in French) making meaningless phrases sound sexy... Apparently President Bush had this mystical power that effected her breathing because she's happy to report that she feels like she can breath again now that President Obama is in office. Her job is listed in the 'medicine/health' category...so one would think if she was having problems breathing for the last 8 years she could have done something about it. She's well read and enjoys a wide variety of activities, cultures and foods - something San Francisco offers a lot of. Oh and she looks good for her age.

Basically she's someone that while I would have no romantic interest in her, I most likely would find enjoyable topics to talk about with her...but she discriminates against others SO she gets a big fat ZERO.

My thoughts on the whole hypocrisy bit is that it seems like the Left loves to champion the freedom to be who you want to be...gay, communism, atheist, just about anything with an 'anti' in it and they expect everyone else to be accepting of these views. They push the belief that you can be what ever you want to be. Sounds good to me. If you're gay, I'm happy for you but I really don't want to see you behave any more explicitly than you see hetero couples act in public so instead of the stuff that goes on at the Folsom Street Fair...please limit it to holding hands and occasionally kissing. If you believe in communism, no problem there, the concept is cool but I don't think it works because people are greedy. You don't like God...that's your problem not mine...hope you're right when you die. The only thing that bothers me about religion is the whole anti-Christmas bit...I like saying Merry Christmas to people, I'm not telling them they have to be Christians or that they have to believe in God, all I'm saying is that I wish them well, I hope they are enjoying a time society has set aside for things like family and kindness....and that they spend lots of money to help out all the businesses. When I say Merry Christmas I'm not trying to offend anyone and I won't be offended if you were to say Happy Holidays back....but if you get pissed off because of what I said I'll call you a Grinch and tell you to get a F'ing life.

Well I kind of got off track there (sorta) but the point is that the Left preaches acceptance and yet I sure see a lot of them that can't accept someone that views politics a bit differently. What gives?? I can accept that you have a different opinion than mine but I don't hate you for it. If you're female, cute and between 28-38 I might even be interested in you romantically. Just because I am a Republican doesn't mean I'm the devil...in fact most people that know me would say I'm a pretty nice guy. To bad you'll never know because you won't give me a chance....your loss.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I think the problem is that those of us "libtards" (which I personally like to think is a term of endearment) who like to be open and accepting of people's lifestyles tend to feel that if you AREN'T as open and accepting as we are then you are wrong. I might even go as far as saying narrow-minded and mean.

Someone I know ~ahem~ even has made such blanket statements along the lines that I, I mean she, wanted to move to Canada if Prop 8 passed and that she would not welcome people into her home who had voted yes on 8.

I realize both of those statements were ridiculous because a) I loathe cold weather and really DO love my country so I'm not moving anywhere and b) excluding all people who voted to ban gay marriage from my home would mean half my family and a handful of close friends. But. I stand by those statements as an indication of how upset and mortified I am that something like Prop 8 actually came to a vote AND passed.

Just as an example and for the perspective on the flip side. And no I do not think that all people who lean towards the right are narrow minded and mean... Sadly though I think it is a majority. But I love my family and friends and am learning that being tolerant means tolerating THAT as well.

BigBef said...

Why can't I be open and accepting of other people's lifestyles and still not be a liberal?

I believe in gay marriage, but I am not an Obamanite. I don't believe Obama is as different as people think.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to barely paying attention to politics because this all is so complicated and confusing it's overwhelming.

I can see why people get so mad when others don't agree with their views. I can see why some would resort to insults and such, but I don't think its appropriate. I feel like that sometimes, though.

I feel like SPENDING is not what we should be doing. I feel like communities and local and state governments should be taking more responsibility for the problems in the country.

Stop making the federal government bigger and stop giving them more power. They're supposed to be governing for the people, but, in the end, the government makes decisions based on what's best for them, not us.

Start making people take responsibility for their personal and financial choices. I know I'm paying for mine.

I'm not really sure if any of that made any sense whatsoever, but I feel better.

Goat said...

You would be correct about my use of 'libtard', some people might not but I'm glad you know me well enough to know it's a friendly poke. :)

I've avoided the whole Prop 8 bit for a long while now...First off I will say that I think gays should have all the rights as everyone else, I don't understand why the law would look at them any different. It's not a lifestyle I really agree with but that's my choice. If someone else wants that life, I think they should be entitled to it. I do get hung up on the word 'marriage' but I don't have any quasi-logical reason behind it so that more than anything else is why I've kept my mouth shut. I recognize the nonsense about it being just a word but at the same time I wonder why that word means so much to me and to gays. I don't think there should be any difference legally between a hetero couple or a homo couple and I'd like to believe that's how the majority feels. So if the gay community came up with a word all their own...?? Is the fight about a word or is it a fight about rights? Words do have meaning to people, they cause us to react based upon our beliefs and what we were taught when defining those words. Sometimes the meaning behind a word needs to change. Sometimes a word falls from favor as a new one that better defines our use of it becomes more popular. I just don't know...

It wouldn't have bothered me if it had passed but after seeing how people reacted after the results...well I know I'm being childish just like them in saying they got what they deserved. Yes the many got punished for the few but by being so "in your face" about that lifestyle, well it turned a lot of people off. By focusing on the Mormon's as the reason for it not passing they made another mistake. Yes the church played a big part in it failing but so did all the minorities that came out to vote for Obama. In fact from what I remember about the numbers Prop 8 would have passed easily if not for the Black and Hispanic vote, which went mostly for Obama. I kept waiting for the protesters to hold a protest in one of those neighborhoods instead of picking on just churches.

Sorry, didn't think this response would turn into a post!

Bottom line on the whole Prop 8 bit, is a lot of good people got punished for a few bad apples and that is unfortunate. I think there are more neocons like myself that are tolerant of that lifestyle, have friends that are gay and would be fine seeing lawyers get rich off the increase in divorces than the homophobes the psycho protesters and media tries to make us out to be. I believe it will pass eventually but before it does, the gay community needs to tone itself down a bit. I truly believe that the riots and protests that happened after the vote hurt their cause more than it helped. The gay lifestyle has been around for...well practically forever. Is it a learned or genetic tendency...that's a topic for another day. The main thing is that it's been around for a long time but only recently has it become more out in the public. Public opinion is still being adjusted to this and so the public image of the gay community has a lot to do with the way people unfamiliar with the lifestyle view it. Once people realize that a vast majority of gay people are good, honest people that aren't out to change the world, they just want to live they way they feel most happy about....I think we'll all wonder what all the fuss was about.