Saturday, October 11, 2008

sad...

Now Tiff and I usually don't see eye to eye politically but I do agree with her that citizens of this country should vote. The thing that scares me is the people that don't take the time to vote intelligently. Issues matter, vision matters, experience matters, history matters, but you know what doesn't matter, race or sex. It's sad that both racism and sexism still exist in this country, I wish they didn't but it's even more sad that there will be people that vote just on that basis. Unfortunately both parties are going to have voters that will be guilty of it though neither wants to admit it. Why? Because it's childish, stupid and sad. Now I'm not a fan of Howard but this clip from his radio show scares the heck out of me.



I wish the people in this clip were the only ones out there but I think I have better odds at winning the lottery than that being true. I have tried really hard to not get too political in my blog, not sure how much longer that will last but we'll see. So, all I'll say is that in my opinion, neither party is putting forth their best candidate for this election, both tickets have issues, the key is that you need to look deeper than just what the media is putting out. Vote in this election, but take some time and look at the issues, don't base your views just on one web site or sound bite. Dig into each of the players that want to be President, see where they came from, see how they have voted on things in the past and realize that right now, they're just saying what ever they can to get your vote. Don't be a lemming following everyone else just because it feels good to be in a group, that group doesn't always take you where you want to go. Step out and look at things from different points of view, make an informed decision when you cast your vote.

This is our country, not the politicians, make your voice heard.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

OH MY GOD.